- Red Peppers – 2, large, deseeded and halved
- Mussels – 350 gms, cooked, shelled and thawed if frozen
- Radicchio – 1 head
- Rocket Leaves – 25 gms
- Green-lipped Mussels in their Shells – 8, cooked
For the Dressing:
- Olive Oil – 1 tblsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tblsp
- Lemon Rind – 1 tsp, finely grated
- Honey – 2 tsp
- French Mustard – 1 tsp
- Fresh Chives – 1 tblsp, snipped
- Salt as per taste
- Pepper as per taste
- Put the peppers, skin-side up, on the grill rack and grill under a preheated hot grill for 10 minutes or until the skin is charred and blistered and the flesh is soft.
- Remove from the rack, put into a bowl and cover with clingfilm.
- Leave for about 10 minutes or until cool.
- Then peel off the skins.
- Slice the pepper flesh into thin strips and put into a bowl.
- Gently stir in the shelled mussels.
- To make the dressing, whisk the oil, lemon juice, lemon rind, honey, mustard and chives together in a bowl until well blended.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the pepper and mussel mixture.
- Toss gently until well coated.
- Remove the central core of the radicchio and shred the leaves.
- Put into a serving bowl with the rocket leaves and toss.
- Pile the mussel mixture into the centre and arrange the mussels in their shells around the edge of the bowl.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !