- Lobster Tails – 2, raw
- Radicchio Leaves – some
- Fresh Dill Sprigs – to garnish
For the Lemon-Dill Mayonnaise:
- Large Lemon – 1
- Egg Yolk – 1, large
- Dijon Mustard – 1/2 tsp
- Olive Oil – 150 ml
- Salt as per taste
- Fresh Dill – 1 tblsp, chopped
- To make the mayonnaise, finely grate half the lemon rind and squeeze the juice.
- Beat the egg yolk in a small bowl.
- Add the mustard and 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- Using a electric whisker, beat the oil into the egg yolk mixture until a thick mayonnaise forms.
- Stir in the lemon rind and 1 tblsp of the remaining lemon juice.
- Season the mayonnaise to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add some more lemon juice if desired.
- Stir in the dill, cover and let it chill in the fridge until required.
- Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil.
- Add the lobster tails.
- Return to boil and cook for 6 minutes or until the flesh is opaque and the shells are red.
- Drain immediately and set aside to cool.
- Remove the lobster flesh from the shells and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Arrange the radicchio leaves on plates and top with the lobster flesh.
- Place a spoonful of the mayonnaise on the side.
- Garnish with the dill sprigs.