- Canned Artichoke Hearts in Oil – 300 gms, drained
- Tomatoes – 4, small
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes in Oil – 25 gms, drained
- Parma Ham – 40 gms
- Black Olives – 25 gms, stoned and halved
- Fresh Basil Sprigs – handful
- Crusty Bread – to serve
For the Dressing:
- Olive Oil – 3 tblsp
- White Wine Vinegar – 1 tblsp
- Garlic Clove – 1, crushed
- Mild Mustard – 1/2 tsp
- Clear Honey – 1 tsp
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Thoroughly drain the artichoke hearts and cut them into quarters.
- Put them in a serving bowl.
- Cut each of the fresh tomato into wedges.
- Slice the sun-dried tomatoes into thin strips.
- Cut the Parma ham into thin strips and add to the bowl with the tomatoes and olive halves.
- Keeping a few basil springs whole for garnishing, tear the rest of the leaves into small pieces and add to the bowl containing the other ingredients.
- To make the dressing, put all the ingredients into a screw-top jar and shake vigorously until they are well blended.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss together.
- Garnish the salad with a few basil sprigs.
- Serve with crusty bread.