- Fresh Young Broad Beans – 1.25 kg (or 675 gms Frozen Baby Broad Beans)
- Greek Feta Cheese – 150 gms
- Spring Onions – 1 bunch, thinly sliced
- Fresh Mint – 2 tblsp, chopped
- Hard-boiled Eggs – 2, quartered
- Crusty Bread
- Greek Yogurt – to serve (optional)
For the Dressing:
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 6 tblsp
- Grated Rind of 1 Lemon
- Lemon Juice – 2 tblsp
- Garlic – 1 small clove, crushed
- Sugar – 1 pinch
- Pepper as per taste
- Make the dressing by whisking together the oil, lemon juice, lemon rind, garlic, sugar and pepper in a small bowl.
- Set aside.
- Shell the fresh broad beans and cook in boiling water for 5 to 10 minutes or until tender. If using frozen beans, cook in boiling salted water for 5 minutes.
- Drain the beans and put in a salad bowl.
- Whisk the dressing and pour over the beans while they are still warm.
- Crumble over the feta cheese, add the spring onions and toss together.
- Sprinkle over the chopped mint and arrange the egg quarters in the bowl.
- Serve warm with crusty bread and a bowl of yogurt.