- Mixed Salad Leaves – 100 gms
- Smoked Mozzarella – 500 gms, sliced
For the Dressing:
- Sun-dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil – 140 gms, reserving the oil from the bottle
- Fresh Basil – 15 gms, coarsely shredded
- Fresh Flat-leaf Parsley – 15 gms, coarsely chopped
- Capers – 1 tblsp, rinsed
- Balsamic Vinegar – 1 tblsp
- Garlic – 1 clove, coarsely chopped
- Extra Olive Oil – if needed
- Pepper as per taste
- Put the sun-dried tomatoes, basil, parsley, capers, vinegar and garlic in a blender.
- Measure the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes jar and make it up to 150 ml adding more if needed.
- Add it to the blender and process until smooth.
- Season to taste with pepper.
- Divide the salad leaves between serving plates.
- Top with the slices of mozzarella and spoon the dressing over them.
- Serve immediately.