- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil.
- Add the rice and cook for 25 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and keep in a colander covered with a clean tea towel to absorb the steam.
- Soak 8 wooden skewers in cold water for 30 minutes and then drain.
- Crush the coriander seeds in a mortar with a pestle.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the crushed coriander seeds and cook, turning, until they begin to colour.
- Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Put the egg whites in a shallow bowl and the coconut into a separate bowl.
- Roll each prawn first in the egg whites, then in the coconut.
- Thread onto a skewer.
- Repeat so that each skewer is threaded with 3 coated prawns.
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Peel long strips from the cucumber to create ribbons, put into a colander to drain, then toss with the spring onions and oil in a bowl and set aside.
- Cook the prawns under the preheated grill for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until slightly browned.
- Mix the rice with the toasted coriander seeds and fresh coriander and divide this and the cucumber salad between bowls.
- Serve with the hot prawn skewers.