Potatoes – 450 gms, peeled, cubed or cut into wedges
Baby Spinach Leaves – 150 gms, chopped
Onions – 3/4 cup, sliced
Tomatoes – 1 cup, chopped
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 1 tblsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Fennel Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Red Chilli Flakes – 1/4 tsp
Lemon Juice – 1 tblsp
Salt as per taste
Coriander Leaves – few, chopped
1. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
2. Fry the mustard seeds till it starts to crackle.
3. Add the cumin seeds and fennel seeds.
4. Stir well and add the red chilli flakes and onions.
5. Reduce flame to low and saute the onions for 3 to 5 minutes.
6. Add the potatoes, 1/2 cup of water and salt.
7. Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 10 minutes or till potatoes are tender.
8. Add the tomatoes and lemon juice.
9. Stir and cook till potatoes are cooked.
10. Add the spinach leaves and cook till they have wilted.
11. Garnish with coriander leaves.
12. Serve hot with rice or as a side dish to chappati.
image credit: food network