Malabar Mutton Curry is a delicious dish from the Malabar region of Kerala. Chunks of mutton pieces are cooked a paste made of coconut and other spices until tenderness.
Malabar Mutton Curry Recipe
Ingredients for Malabar Mutton Curry
- 500 g Mutton cut into pieces
- 1 Onion sliced
- 1 tsp Cashewnut Paste
- 1 Tomato chopped
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
- as per taste Salt
- 1 to 2 tblsp Oil
- few Coriander Leaves
- 1 cup Water
Grind into a paste:
- 1/2 cup Coconut grated
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder mixed with a little water to form a paste
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 inch Cinnamon
- 1/2 Bay Leaf
- 2 to 3 Cloves
How to make Malabar Mutton Curry
- Heat oil in a pressure pan.
- Add the onions and saute well.
- Add the ground masala paste and sprinkle a little water.
- Fry well until the spices are well roasted.
- Add the mutton pieces and mix well.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cashewnut paste.
- Add salt and water.
- Cook until the mutton pieces are cooked.
- Add the coconut milk and simmer for a few minutes.
- Remove and transfer to a serving dish.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve with rice or naan.