Fish – 2, 750 gms each, kept whole (red snapper)
Refined Oil – 2/3 cup
Coriander Leaves – 4 tblsp, chopped
For the Marinade:
Ginger Garlic Paste – 3 tblsp
Turmeric Powder – 3/4 tsp
Hung Curd – 1 cup
Lime Juice – 2 tblsp
Coriander Powder – 2 tsp
1. Clean the fish and wash thoroughly.
2. Make light incisions in the flesh on both sides.
3. Combine the marinade ingredients and rub evenly into fish.
4. Keep aside for 1 hour.
5. Heat oil in a large frying pan.
6. Fry the fish, one at a time, over moderate heat on both sides till golden brown.
7. Drain and keep aside.
8. Reserve any marinade.
9. Add chopped onion to the pan.
10. Saute till translucent.
11. Mix the remaining ingredients for gravy and stir-fry for a few minutes.
12. Sprinkle a few drops of water to prevent burning.
13. Add the reserved marinade.
14. Cover pan and cook over moderate heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
15. Transfer the fish to an ovenproof dish and spoon the gravy over them.
16. Cover dish and cook for about 35 to 40 minutes in an oven at 180C.
17. Garnish with coriander leaves.
18. Serve hot with a green salad.