Fish – 500 gms, cut into 2 1/2 inch pieces
Coriander Powder – 1 tblsp
Dry Coconut – 1 cup, grated
Fenugreek Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Tamarind Pulp – 1 tblsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tbslp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt as per taste
Oil – 1 cup
Black Pepper – 1/4 tsp
Green Chillies – 3
1. Roast coriander powder, dry coconut and fenugreek seeds in a pan over low heat till evenly brown.
2. Grind and add to the tamarind pulp along with chilli powder, turmeric powder, pepper and salt.
3. Heat oil in a frying pan.
4. Add the mixture and fry for about 4 to 5 minutes on a low heat.
5. Add the fish pieces and fry on both sides.
6. After 2 minutes, add a cup of water and simmer on low flame for about 5 minutes or till the fish is cooked.
7. Add water to make a little gravy.
8. Cook for 60 seconds, stir gently ensuring the fish does not break.
9. Remove and serve hot with rice.