Grind Together #1:
Aniseed – 1 tsp
Poppy Seeds – 1 tsp
Dry Coconut – 1 inch piece
Grind Together #2
Cloves – 4
Cardamoms – 5
Cinnamon – 1 inch stick
1. Heat 1/4 cup of oil in a pan.
2. Add the onions and fry till brown.
3. Add turmeric powder, ginger and garlic.
4. Fry for a while.
5. Add the ground powder #1 and cook till you get a good aroma.
6. Add red chilli powder, salt and ground powder #2 to curd.
7. Add 2 cups of water.
8. Cook on low heat for 5 minutes to make a gravy.
9. If gravy is too thick, add 1/2 cup of water.
10. Grind the mince in a blender keeping it as dry as possible.
11. Put in a frying pan on low heat to dry out the water otherwise the koftas will break when fried.
12. Beat the egg thoroughly and mix with mince.
13. Form in small balls.
14. Heat 3/4 cup of oil and fry the koftas.
15. Put the fried koftas in a serving plate with the gravy.
16. Ensure the gravy covers half the koftas.
17. Serve hot with rice or roti.