Minced Mutton – 500 gms
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Lime Juice – 2 tblsp
Oil – 4 tblsp plus some more for deep frying
Onions – 2, medium, finely chopped
Green Chillies – 2, finely chopped
Potato – 1, medium, boiled and grated
Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
Eggs – 2, beaten
Breadcrumbs – 1 cup
Salt to taste
1. Marinate the minced mutton in a mixture of salt, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder and lime juice for 20-30 minutes.
2. Heat 4 tblsp of oil in a pan and saute the onions and chillies till they change colour.
3. Add the mince meat and saute for 5 minutes.
4. Add 3 cups of water and cook till the water evaporates and the meat is tender.
5. Set aside to cool.
6. Add the grated potato, garam masala powder and half the beaten egg.
7. Mix well and shape into 13 to 15 oval croquettes.
8. Dip each in the remaining beaten egg, roll in breadcrumbs and deep fry till golden brown.
9. Serve hot with tomato sauce.