Mutton or Chicken – 500 gms
Green Chillies – 250 gms
Curd – 1/2 cup
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Coriander – 2 tsp, dry roasted and ground
Ghee – 1/2 cup
Onions – 1 kg, finely sliced
Ginger – 1 tsp, ground
Garlic – 1 tsp, ground
Water – 3 cups
Coriander Leaves – 1 bunch
Juice of 3 Limes
1. Grind half the green chillies and mix with curd, turmeric powder, salt and coriander powder.
2. Slit remaining green chillies and fry in ghee till they change colour.
3. Remove chillies from ghee and keep aside.
4. Fry onions in the same oil till they are a light golden brown.
5. Add the mutton or chicken.
6. Stir fry till well browned and the juices are released.
7. Simmer till water has evaporated.
8. Add ginger, garlic and curd and 3 cups of water.
9. Cook together on low heat with a cover on the pan till mutton is tender.
10. Add coriander and chillies.
11. Continue to simmer till it is well cooked and ghee comes to the surface.
12. Add lime juice and mix well.
13. Serve hot with roti.