Egg Masala is a popular dish across South India especially in the Chettinad regions on TamilNadu. This can be served as a side dish to meals or can also be served as it is.
Eggs – 10, boiled, shells removed, halved
Onions – 4 to 5, chopped
Dry Red Chillies – 5 to 6
Cumin Seeds – 2 tsp
Urad Dal – 2 tblsp
Curry Leaves – handful
Coriander Leaves – big handful, chopped
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
1. Dry roast the cumin seeds, red chilies, urad dal and curry leaves for a minute.
2. Remove and grind to a fine powder.
3. Heat oil in a pan.
4. Add the onions and saute until golden.
5. Add salt, ground powder and cook for a minute or two.
6. Add the halved eggs and stir gently.
7. Reduce flame to low and simmer for few minutes.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves.
9. Serve hot.
Tip: If you want some gravy, add some water at step #6.