Maida – 2 cups
Onion – 1/2 cup
Onion Seeds – 1 tsp (Poppy Seeds or Nigella Seeds)
Saunf – 2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
Coriander Powder – 2 tsp
Green Chillies – 4 to 5, chopped
Garam Masala Powder – 2 to 3 tsp
Oil as required
Ghee – 2 tsp
Bay Leaf – 1 (optional)
Bengal Gram Flour – 3 to 4 tblsp
1. In a bowl mix maida with hot ghee.
2. Add salt and mix with little water.
3. Ensure no lumps are formed and keep aside for 30 minutes.
4. Heat oil in a pan.
5. Add onion, green chillies, onion seeds and saunf.
6. Mix and fry nicely.
7. Add the coriander powder, bay leaf, red chilli powder, garam masala powder and bengal gram flour.
8. Mix well and add salt and coriander leaves.
9. Remove the bay leaf and discard.
10. Allow it to cool.
11. Take the dough made in step 3 and make lemon-sized balls.
12. Take the balls in your palm, press a bit and stuff the bengal gram – onion mixture, made in step 7.
13. Seal the edges and form into a kachori shape.
14. Deep fry these stuffed balls in hot oil until golden brown and crisp.
15. Serve hot with chutney of choice.