Roasted Groundnuts – 1/2 cup
Sugar – 1 tsp
Butter – 3 tsp
Onion – 1, cut into 4 pieces
Garlic – 5 to 6
Urad Dal -1 tsp
Bengal Gram Dal – 1 tsp
Red Chilli – 4
Curry Leaves – 2 tsp
Tamarind – 1 small goosebery sized ball
Maida – 1 cup
Paneer – 1 cup, grated
1. Heat 1 tsp of oil in a pan.
2. Add mustard seeds, urad dal, bengal gram dal and red chilli.
3. Add groundnuts and fry.
4. Add the curry leaves and coriander leaves.
5. Continue to fry for a few seconds and add garlic.
6. Switch off the gas and let it cool.
7. In an another pan, add butter and onion pieces.
8. Roll it around and let it fry nicely.
9. Add the tamarind and rest of the ingredients.
10. Grind it coarsely adding salt in between.
11. Add the 4 pieces of onion and grind.
12. Transfer the coarsely grinded ingredients to a bowl.
13. Add maida in a bowl.
14. Add salt and a little sugar.
15. Mix nicely using water and ensure no lumps remain.
16. This should be like a dosa batter.
17. In a non stick pan, heat butter on a low flame.
18. Pour 2 to 3 tblsp of the batter and spread it out like a small dosa.
19. Close it with a lid and cook for 30 to 60 seconds.
20. Transfer this to a plate.
21. Keep one tsp of the coarsely ground ingredients and a little grated paneer.
22. Close it like a bag immediately.
23. Serve during lunch or as a tea time snack.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !