The dish has been a part of the Indian cuisine for several years and has also become a traditional dish of the South Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It can be eaten with rice or roti and it tastes delicious.
Madurai Mutton Sukka Recipe
Ingredients for Madurai Mutton Sukka
- 1 cup Mutton
- 1/4 cup Roasted Gram Powder
- 1 cup Onion finely chopped
- 3 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- handful Curry Leaves
- 1/2 cup Coconut grated
- 2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 3 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 2 tsp Ginger
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 4 Green Chillies
- 4 Red Chillies
- 1 cup Sambar Onions (Shallots)
How to make Madurai Mutton Sukka
- In a pressure cooker, add the mutton, ginger, coriander powder, turmeric powder, curry leaves, green chillies and salt.
- Add 2 glasses of water.
- Pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles in low flame.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add red chilli powder, curry leaves, green chillies and sambar onions.
- Fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the grated coconut and the pressure cooked mutton.
- Let it boil for sometime.
- Add the roasted gram powder and a little oil.
- Continue to simmer till it becomes dry.
- Garnish with curry leaves.
- Serve hot with rice.