Snake Gourd/Pudalangai – 1 cup, chopped
Jeera – 2 tsp
Pepper – 3 tsp
Urad Dal – 2 tsp
Tamarind Extract – 1 cup
Turmeric Powder – 2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Curry Leaves – 4 tsp
Raw Rice – 1 tsp
1. In a pan, add pepper, jeera, urad dal, curry leaves and rice.
2. Fry without oil and grind coarsely.
3. Heat oil in a pan over moderate heat.
4. Add snake gourd and fry a little.
5. Then add water and let it boil.
6. Add turmeric powder and continue to boil.
7. After a minute, add the tamarind extract and salt.
8. Allow it to boil for some more time.
9. Add the ground powder and continue to boil.
10. To garnish, heat a little oil in a pan.
11. Add mustard seeds, asafoetida powder, 1 tsp urad dal and fry.
12. Add it to the kootu.
13. Remove and Serve hot with plain rice.
Karima Podi Kootu Recipe
Latest Food Blogs
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
- 5 Health Benefits Of Choosing A Low Carb Diet A low carbohydrate (carb) diet refers to a limitation of carbohydrates intake in our diet and instead addition of foods...
- A Teenager’s Nutritional Needs When a kid is making their way into the league of teens along with attaining a sense of liberty he or she will grow...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Karima Podi Kootu Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.