Snake Gourd/Pudalangai – 1 cup, chopped
Jeera – 2 tsp
Pepper – 3 tsp
Urad Dal – 2 tsp
Tamarind Extract – 1 cup
Turmeric Powder – 2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Curry Leaves – 4 tsp
Raw Rice – 1 tsp
1. In a pan, add pepper, jeera, urad dal, curry leaves and rice.
2. Fry without oil and grind coarsely.
3. Heat oil in a pan over moderate heat.
4. Add snake gourd and fry a little.
5. Then add water and let it boil.
6. Add turmeric powder and continue to boil.
7. After a minute, add the tamarind extract and salt.
8. Allow it to boil for some more time.
9. Add the ground powder and continue to boil.
10. To garnish, heat a little oil in a pan.
11. Add mustard seeds, asafoetida powder, 1 tsp urad dal and fry.
12. Add it to the kootu.
13. Remove and Serve hot with plain rice.
Karima Podi Kootu Recipe
Latest Food Blogs
- When is the right time to eat? We all know how imperative it is to develop knowledge about the food that we add to our diet in order to stay healthy. But...
- Gluten – A Problematic Protein Gluten free diets are very popular types of diets among individuals who are very health conscious. But these days...
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Karima Podi Kootu Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.