Have you ever had a food dream? I have you ever woken up thinking about food? Ok. Food blogger truth time. I do. I think about food, dream about food, and, well, cook food, all the time. So, the other night I woke up in the middle of the night thinking about honey whipped ricotta. Doesn’t that just roll off the tongue. To me, it sounds nothing short of mouth-watering.
So, here’s how this blog post came together…other than my crazy dream the other night. Peaches. They are in season and living here in Lancaster, PA…we have really amazing peaches. In fact, I’m sitting here writing this blog and yet, dreaming about what else I can make and what else I can do with these wonderful peaches. This is how my idea for Honey Ricotta and Peach Bruschetta was born.
This one is really easy. And let me tell you…your guests will be wowed! This works as a really great appetizer and is super simple to throw together.
Honey Ricotta and Peach Bruschetta
- 1 Long Baguette Get one that is nice and crusty.
- 1 Cup Fresh Ricotta
- 2 Tbsp Honey Pure and Natural I use clover honey.
- 2-3 Slices Prosciutto Sliced thin
- 1 Peach Sliced thin
- 1 Lemon Pinch of zest
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ricotta and the honey. For an extra burst of flavor, whisk in a pinch of lemon zest.
- Cut your baguette bread into rounds or long slices. Place them on a non-stick cookie sheet.
- Lather your baguettes with the ricotta mixture. Next, place 1-2 small strips of prosciutto onto your baguette. Place a peach slice on top of the prosciutto. Repeat this on all the baguette slices.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the prosciutto becomes crispy around the edges.
- After the baguettes are finished baking, use a spatula to place them on a plate. Drizzle the balsamic glaze over each baguette and top with fresh chopped basil leaves. Serve immediately.