Raw Bananas – 450 gms
Onions – 1/2 cup, finely chopped
Ginger – 1 tbsp, finely chopped
Green Coriander – 2 tbsp, chopped
Green Chillies – 6
White Pepper Powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt to Taste
Refined oil for deep frying
Green Cardamoms – 6
Cloves – 4
Cinnamon – 1 one inch stick
Onions – 1/2 cup, roughly chopped
Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp
Ginger Paste – 1 tbsp
Tomatoes – 3/4 cup, chopped, pureed
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Cream – 3 tbsp
Honey – 1 tsp
Mace Powder – a pinch
Dough for sealing dish
1. Put bananas in a pan, cover with water and boil for 30 minutes.
2. Cool, peel and mash.
3. Mix in the onions, ginger, green coriander, green chillies, white pepper powder and salt.
4. Divide into 15 portions and roll into balls between your palms.
5. Deep fry in a kadai over low heat till golden brown. Keep aside.
6. Remove excess oil from the kadai, leaving 4 tbsp behind.
7. Heat the oil and crackle with whole spices.
8. Add the roughly chopped onions.
9. Saute till transparent.
10. Add ginger and garlic pastes.
11. Saute till onions turn brown.
12. Add tomato puree, red chilli powder and salt.
13. Cook till the oil surfaces.
14. Add 2 cups water.
15. Bring to the boil, remove and strain through soup strainer into another pan.
16. Put the pot on fire and bring gravy to the boil.
17. Add cream. Remove and add honey.
18. Arrange the koftas in an ovenproof casserole.
19. Pour gravy over them, sprinkle with mace powder, cover and seal the dish with dough.
20. Place dish in preheated oven at 140C/275F and cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
21. Open the seal and serve hot with steamed rice or roti.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !