Raw Bananas – 450 gms
Onions – 1/2 cup, finely chopped
Ginger – 1 tbsp, finely chopped
Green Coriander – 2 tbsp, chopped
Green Chillies – 6
White Pepper Powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt to Taste
Refined oil for deep frying
Green Cardamoms – 6
Cloves – 4
Cinnamon – 1 one inch stick
Onions – 1/2 cup, roughly chopped
Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp
Ginger Paste – 1 tbsp
Tomatoes – 3/4 cup, chopped, pureed
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Cream – 3 tbsp
Honey – 1 tsp
Mace Powder – a pinch
Dough for sealing dish
1. Put bananas in a pan, cover with water and boil for 30 minutes.
2. Cool, peel and mash.
3. Mix in the onions, ginger, green coriander, green chillies, white pepper powder and salt.
4. Divide into 15 portions and roll into balls between your palms.
5. Deep fry in a kadai over low heat till golden brown. Keep aside.
6. Remove excess oil from the kadai, leaving 4 tbsp behind.
7. Heat the oil and crackle with whole spices.
8. Add the roughly chopped onions.
9. Saute till transparent.
10. Add ginger and garlic pastes.
11. Saute till onions turn brown.
12. Add tomato puree, red chilli powder and salt.
13. Cook till the oil surfaces.
14. Add 2 cups water.
15. Bring to the boil, remove and strain through soup strainer into another pan.
16. Put the pot on fire and bring gravy to the boil.
17. Add cream. Remove and add honey.
18. Arrange the koftas in an ovenproof casserole.
19. Pour gravy over them, sprinkle with mace powder, cover and seal the dish with dough.
20. Place dish in preheated oven at 140C/275F and cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
21. Open the seal and serve hot with steamed rice or roti.
Kela Kofta Recipe
You might also like these recipes
Latest Food Blogs
- Gluten – A Problematic Protein Gluten free diets are very popular types of diets among individuals who are very health conscious. But these days...
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
- 5 Health Benefits Of Choosing A Low Carb Diet A low carbohydrate (carb) diet refers to a limitation of carbohydrates intake in our diet and instead addition of foods...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Kela Kofta Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.