Chicken – 550 gms, boneless, diced
Salt to taste
Ajinomoto – 1 tsp
Egg – 1, whisked
Cornflour – 4 tsp
Oil – 4 tbsp
Whole Red Chillies – 30 gms, quartered
Garlic – 10 gms, chopped
Spring Onions – 60 gms, diced
Ginger – 10 gms, julienned
Dry Chilli Sauce – 4 tbsp
1. Marinate the chicken pieces with salt, ajinomoto, egg, 2 tsp cornflour and oil.
2. Heat the oil in a pan.
3. Add the marinated chicken pieces.
4. Stir fry for a few minutes.
5. Remove, drain the excess oil and keep aside.
6. In the same pan, add the whole red chillies along with garlic and saute till they turn dark brown in colour.
7. Add the chicken pieces, spring onion whites and ginger.
8. Mix well and stir in the dry red chilli sauce.
9. Add the remaining cornflour dissolved in water to thicken the sauce.
10. Stir and remove from the heat.
11. Garnish with the remaining spring onions.