Spare Ribs – 300 gms
Salt to taste
Eggs – 2, whisked
Cornflour – 2 tsp
Custard Powder – 4 tbsp
Oil for frying
Tomato Ketchup – 1/2 cup
H.P Sauce – 2 tbsp
Lea and Perrings Sauce – 2 tsp
Honey – 2 tsp
Onion – 20 gms, but into rings
Green Coriander – 5 gm, chopped
1. Beat the spare ribs with a steak hammer.
2. Marinate them in salt, eggs, 1 tsp cornflour and custard powder.
3. Keep aside for half an hour.
4. Heat the oil in a pan.
5. Add the marinated spare ribs and deep fry.
6. Drain the excess oil and keep aside.
7. Prepare the honey sauce by mixing tomato ketchup along with H.P sauce, Lea and Perrings sauce and honey. Keep aside.
8. Heat the oil in a kadai.
9. Add the onions and saute for a few seconds.
10. Stir in the prepared honey sauce along with the spare ribs and mix well.
11. Add the remaining cornflour dissolved in water to thicken and then remove from the heat.
12. Serve hot, garnished with green coriander.