Tender pieces of quail marinated in yoghurt and a special blend of mild spices and baked in a tandoori oven.
Quails – 8
Salt to Taste
Lemon Juice – 4 tbsp
Ginger Garlic Paste – 25 gms
Yogurt – 60 gms, hung
Red Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
Red Chilli Paste – 30 gms
Cumin Powder – 1 tbsp
Nutmeg Powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
Garam Masala – 4 tsp
Butter – 60gm
1. Clean the quails and rub them with salt, lemon juice and ginger garlic paste.
2. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
3. Whisk yogurt and add red chilli powder, red chilli paste, cumin powder, nutmeg powder, turmeric powder and garam masala.
4. Coat the quails evenly with this mixture and keep aside for 2 hours.
5. Skewer the quails and roast in a moderately hot tandoor for 6 to 7 minutes.
6. Remove and baste with butter and roast again for 3 to 5 minutes.
7. Remove from skewers.
8. Serve hot accompanied by chutney.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !