Potatoes – 3
Green Peas – 1 cup, boiled and shelled
Refined Flour – 1 tblsp
Oil – 2 tblsp plus some more for deep frying
Onion – 1, medium, chopped
Tomato – 1, medium, chopped
Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
Rice Flour – 3 tblsp
Salt to taste
1. Boil, peel and mash the potatoes.
2. Mix in the salt and flour to make a soft dough.
3. Shape into 8 equal balls and set aside.
4. Heat 2 tblsp of oil in a pan.
5. Saute the chopped onion till golden brown.
6. Add the chopped tomato and cook till soft.
7. Add the green peas, chilli powder, garam masala powder and salt to taste.
8. Cook for 2 minutes.
9. Remove from heat and leave to cool.
10. Flatten each potato ball on your palm into a 2 inch round.
11. Place on tblsp of green pea filling in the centre and bring the edges together to make a round party.
12. Roll in rice flour and deep fry till golden.
13. Serve hot with tomato sauce.