For the Tempering:
Ghee – 2 tblsp
Bay Leaf – 1
Cinnamon – 3 one inch sticks
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
1. Put the ghee over medium heat in a frying pan.
2. When the ghee is hot add bay leaf and cinnamon.
3. Stir fry for a minute.
4. Add the cumin seeds and stir fry for one more minute.
5. Add the onions and 1/2 cup of carrots.
6. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
7. Mix in cumin powder and salt.
8. Add the cooked rice and mix the seasonings gently into it.
9. Add cashew nuts and the remaining 1/2 cup of carrots.
10. Toss gently to mix.