Kohlrabi – 1 kg, peeled, cut into 1 inch cubes
Vegetable Oil – 1 1/4 cups
Cloves – 4
Black Cardamoms – 2. Crushed
Asafoetida – A Pinch
Water – 1 cup
Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
Ginger Powder – 1 tsp
Aniseed Powder – 1 tbsp
Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Milk – 2 tbsp
Yoghurt – 2 tbsp
Green Cardamoms – 3, fried
1. Heat the oil in a pan.
2. Fry the kohlrabi until golden.
3. Heat 3 tbsp oil in a deep pot.
4. Add the cloves, black cardamoms and asafoetida.
5. Saute, add the water.
6. Cover to prevent the oil from spattering.
7. Add the fried kohlrabi, turmeric, ginger, aniseed powders, garam masala and salt.
8. Cook on a high flame for 10 minutes.
9. Add the milk and yoghurt (whisked together), stirring constantly till the mixture comes to the boil.
10. Cook for 5 minutes and then remove.
11. Add the fried green cardamoms.
12. Serve hot.
Monji Kalia Recipe
Latest Food Blogs
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
- 5 Health Benefits Of Choosing A Low Carb Diet A low carbohydrate (carb) diet refers to a limitation of carbohydrates intake in our diet and instead addition of foods...
- A Teenager’s Nutritional Needs When a kid is making their way into the league of teens along with attaining a sense of liberty he or she will grow...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Monji Kalia Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.