Colocasia (Arvi) – 500 gms, boiled and mashed
Green Chillies – 6, chopped
Yogurt – 1 tblsp
Ginger – 1 tsp, chopped
Asafoetida – a pinch
Green Coriander – 1 tsp, chopped
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
For the batter:
Maida – 1 cup
Gram Flour – 1/2 cup
Rice Flour – 1/2 cup
Baking Soda – a pinch
1. In a bowl, mix the colocasia with green chillies, yogurt, ginger, asafoetida and green coriander thoroughly.
2. Season with salt and shape the mixture into medium sized balls.
3. Combine all the batter ingredients and add enough water to make a batter of semi-thick consistency.
4. Heat the oil in a wok.
5. Dip the colocasia balls into the batter and then, carefully, lower them into the work in small batches.
6. Cook on a medium flame until crisp.
7. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain.
8. Serve hot.