Bengal Gram Dal – 1/2 cup
Split White Peas – 1/2 cup
Soya Beans – 1/4 cup
Red Chillies – 4
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece
Small Onion – 5, peeled
Salt to taste
Onion – 1 cup, finely chopped
Green Chillies – 4, chopped
Coriander Leaves – 1 1/2 tblsp, finely cut
Oil for deep frying
1. Soak soya and dal separately for 6 hours.
2. Soak bengal gram dal and split peas together for 2 to 3 hours.
3. Grind chillies, ginger, small onions together and then add soya, bengal gram dal, split peas and grind together to a coarse paste.
4. Add finely cut onion, green chillies, coriander leaves to it and shape into a lemon size balls.
5. Flatten it on top a plastic sheet to 1/2 inch thickness.
6. Heat oil in a kadai.
7. Transfer the vadas to the hot oil carefully.
8. Fry until golden brown, turning once in between.
9. Serve hot.