Refined Flour (maida) – 5 cups
Ghee – 6 tbsp
For the Filling:
Ghee – 2 tbsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Ginger – 1 one inch piece, chopped
Green Chillies – 3 to 4, chopped
Green Peas – 400 gms, boiled
Salt to taste
Black Salt – 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp, roasted and powdered
Chaat Masala – 1 tsp
Vegetable oil for deep frying
1. Sift the flour and rub in the ghee.
2. Knead with enough water to make stiff dough.
3. Cover with a moist cloth and keep aside.
4. For the filling: heat the ghee in a kadai, add the powdered cumin seeds, ginger, and green chillies, saute for 2-3 seconds.
5. Add the green peas, salt, black salt, cumin powder and chaat masala.
6. Saute for 4-5 minutes.
7. When the mixture is dry enough, remove the kadai from the heat and transfer the mixture on a flat fish to cool.
8. Divide the dough equally into 25 portions.
9. Roll each out into a small of 3” diameter.
10. Put 1 tbsp filling in the centre of one disc and fold over to make a half circle.
11. Press the edges well together to seal the filling inside. With a fork press the edges again. 12. Repeat till all the patties are done.
13. Heat the oil in a kadai.
14. Fry the patties a few at a time, on medium heat till brown and crisp.
15. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain the excess oil on paper towels.
16. Serve hot.