Tapioca – 1 kg
Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Coconut – 1/2 cup, grated
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Garlic Cloves – 4
Cumin Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
For the Seasoning:
Refined Vegetable Oil – 2 tblsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Button Onions – 2 tblsp, chopped
Dry Red Chillies – 2, halved
Curry Leaves – few
Coconut – 2 tblsp, grated (optional)
1. Peel and chop the tapioca into small pieces.
2. Allow it to cook in plenty of water. Drain and keep aside.
3. Coarsely grind the chilli powder, coconut, turmeric powder, garlic and cumin seeds.
4. Place the tapioca in a deep pan.
5. Scoop out some from the centre and place the ground ingredients in the space created.
6. Add salt to taste and cover with the scooped out tapioca.
7. Mash the tapioca.
8. Cover and cook over low heat.
9. Heat oil.
10. Splutter mustard seeds.
11. Add button onions, red chillies, curry leaves and grated coconut.
12. Saute till brown.
13. Add the seasoning to the tapioca and mix well.
14. Serve hot.