Carrots – 2, medium
Capsicums – 2, medium
Onion – 1, medium
Cauliflower – 1/2, small
Cucumber – 1/2, small
Spring Onions – a bunch
Cabbage – a small piece
Oil – 4 tblsp
Salt to taste
Vinegar – 1 cup
Sugar – 3 tblsp
Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
Ajinomoto – 1/2 tsp
Tomato Sauce – 2 tblsp
Corn Flour – 4 tblsp
Water – 3 cups
1. Wash, scrape and cut carrots into rounds.
2. Break cauliflower into medium size florets.
3. Cut cabbage into chunks, cucumber into medium size pieces.
4. Cut spring onions into four, onions into thick slices, capsicum into strips.
5. Cut onion leaves into 1 inch strips.
6. Keep each of these vegetables separate.
7. Cook carrots, cauliflower, cucumber and cabbage with just enough water and a little salt. They should be tender but not too soft.
8. Alternatively, the vegetables can be steam cooked with a little salt sprinkled over them in a steamer.
9. Heat oil, fry onions on high flame till pink.
10. Add capsicum, fry till soft.
11. Add steamed vegetables along with little salt, pepper powder and ajinomoto.
12. Stir for 1 to 2 minutes.
13. Mix corn flour with water to a smooth paste.
14. Add chilli powder, tomato sauce, vinegar, sugar and mix thoroughly.
15. Pour this into vegetables and cook for another 4 to 5 minutes or till thick.
16. Remove from fire and serve hot with fried rice.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !