4 to 5 Raw Bananas
1 large Potato
1 large Tomato
1 large Onion
1 inch Ginger
5 to 6 cloves of Garlic
1 tsp Cumin seeds
1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
1 tsp Coriander powder
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Red Chilli powder
2 to 3 Green Chillies
1/2 tsp Garam masala powder
1 Bay leaf
Salt to taste
Oil for cooking
1. Peel the raw bananas and the pototoes. Cut them into 1 inch pieces.
2. Grind together ginger, garlic, cumin seeds and green chillies into a fine paste.
3. Chop the onion and tomato finely.
4. Mix the masala paste, turmeric powder, chilli powder and coriander powder in a tablespoon of water. Blend well.
5. Heat oil in a kadai, add the mustard seeds and bay leaf. When the seeds begin to crackle, add the onion and fry till they turn light brown.
6. Add the masala paste and the tomato. Fry until the oil floats on top.
7. Add the raw bananas, potato, salt and enough water for cooking. Cover and cook over medium heat until the vegetables are almost cooked. Add half a cup water and simmer over low heat until the gravy thickens.
8. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve.