Almonds (Badam) – 1 Cup, blanched
Milk – 2/3 cup
Sugar – 8 tbsp
Ghee – 6 tbsps
Cardamom Powder – 1/2 tsp
Saffron – a few strands
Raisins – few
Sliced almonds for garnishing (optional)
1. Puree the almonds along with 2 tbsps of milk to a smooth paste.
2. Melt ghee in a heavy-bottomed pan.
3. Add almond paste and cook for 6-7 minutes on medium to low flame, stirring continuously.
4. Cook till it reaches a light-golden colour and releases an aroma.
5. Rub the saffron in 1 tsp of warm water and keep aside.
6. Combine the milk and saffron water and bring to a boil.
7. Add to the almond mixture and cook for 2-3 minutes.
8. Add sugar, raisins and cardamom powder and keep stirring continuously till all the sugar dissolves and the ghee separates from the sides of the pan and all the excess water should have dried off too.
9. Garnish with almond slivers and cut into diamond shapes.