1. Pare cucumber, discard centre if too seedy, chop.
2. Mince onion, capsicum, celery or dill.
3. Put all vegetables together in a large saucepan, add enough water to cover and cook till they turn soft.
4. Pass through a liquidiser, set aside puree.
5. Melt butter, add flour, fry till light pink in colour and remove from fire.
6. Add milk gradually so no lumps are formed.
7. Put back on fire and cook on slow flame.
8. Gradually add cucumber puree to white sauce, stirring all the while till soup is quite thick.
9. Add salt, pepper to taste.
10. Remove from fire and cool.
11. To serve, beat cream, pour soup into bowls, add a dollop of cream to each bowl, garnish with a pinch of dill.
12. Serve cold.
Cold Cucumber Soup Recipe
You might also like these recipes
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Cold Cucumber Soup from Awesome Cuisine.