Arvi (Colocasia) – 1/2 kg
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Coriander Powder – 2 tsp
Amchoor – 1 tsp
Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Curds – 4 1/2 cups (Omit Amchoor)
Grind to a paste:
Green Chillies – 2
Ginger – 1 inch piece
Garlic – 4 cloves
Coriander Leaves – 1 tblsp, chopped
Oil – 3 to 4 tblsp
Sesame Seeds – 2 tsp
Asafoetida – a large pinch
1. Boil arvi, cool and cut into round pieces.
2. To ground masala add all ingredients except seasoning ingredients.
3. Coat arvi pieces with the masala. Ensure they dont get mushy.
4. Heat oil, add seasonings and when done, add arvi, stir fry turning over and over carefully.
5. Add 1 to 2 tblsp of oil while frying, if you like it very crisp and roasted.
6. To make this a gravy curry, beat curds smooth and when arvi is sufficiently fried (do not add extra oil) pour curds into the kadai, simmer gently on low heat till gravy is well blended.
7. Serve hot.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !