Prawns – 15 large, shelled and cleaned
Vegetable Oil – 1/2 tblsp
Eggs – 4 (2 eggs make one omelette, so increase accordingly)
Onions – 2 medium, finely chopped
Tomatoes – 2 medium, finely chopped
Salt – 2 1/2 tsp
Butter – 4 tblsp, melted
Grind to a paste:
Garlic – 4 cloves
Green Chilli – 1
Fresh Coriander – 3 tblsp, chopped
Tamarind – 1/2 tsp
1. In a pan, heat oil.
2. Fry masala paste in it for 5 minutes, adding 1 tblsp of water if required.
3. Add prawns and fry for a few minutes, then add 1/4 cup water and 1/2 tsp salt and simmer, covered, till prawns are cooked and water has evaporated.
4. Separate 2 eggs.
5. Beat egg whites till soft peaks form.
6. Add yolks and continue beating till well blended.
7. Add half the onions and tomatoes.
8. Add 1 tsp salt and blend well.
9. In a fryiing pan heat 2 tblsp butter.
10. When hot, pour egg mixture into it and cover and cook on low heat till bottom layer of omeletter is golden brown and the upper layer is firm to touch.
11. Heat prawns and spread half the amount on one half of omeletter.
12. Fold other half of the omelette over mixture and remove from pan.
13. Make another omelette with the remaining 2 eggs.