Lamb Chops – 1/2 kg, from rib section
Garlic – 6 cloves
Fresh Ginger Root – 3/4 inch piece
Poppy Seeds – 1 tblsp
Cinnamon Powder – 1/2 tsp
Green Chillies – 3
Cloves – 3
Fresh Coriander – 4 tblsp, roughly chopped
Onion – 2 medium
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt – 1 1/2 tsp
Vegetable Oil as required
1. Flatten the meat of the chops by beating gently in a quick motion with a sharp knife.
2. Grind the rest of the ingredients together, except salt and oil.
3. In a frying pan, heat 3 tblsp oil and fry chops in it till nicely browned.
4. In a deep pan, heat 1 1/2 tblsp oil and cook masala paste in it for 10 minutes, stirring frequently so that it does not stick to bottom of pan.
5. Add fried chops to masala paste and blend well.
6. Add salt and a minimum amount of water, from 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup and let simmer, covered, till chops are tender.
7. Serve with small potatoes, boiled, peeled and brushed with melted butter.