French Loaf – 1
Redfish, Black Bream or Porgy – 4, about 275 gms each
Vegetable Oil – 1 tblsp
Mango – 1
Fresh Root Ginger – 1/2 inch piece
Fresh Red Chilli – 1, seeded and finely chopped
Lime Juice – 2 tblsp
Fresh Coriander – 2 tblsp, chopped
Spinach – 175 gms
Pak Chai (Bak Choy) – 150 gms
Cherry Tomatoes – 175 gms, halved
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Cut the french loaf into 8 inch lengths. Slice lengthways, then cut the bread into thick fingers.
2. Place the bread on a baking sheet and leave to dry in the oven for 15 minutes.
3. Preheat the grill or light the barbecue and allow the embers to settle. Slash the fish deeply on both sides and moisten with oil. Cook the fish on the barbecue for 6 minutes, turning once.
4. Peel the mango and cut in half, discarding the stone (pit). Thinly slice one half and set aside. Place the other half in a food processor.
5. Peel the ginger, grate finely, then add to the mango with the chilli, lime juice and fresh coriander. Process until smooth. Adjust to a pouring consistency with 2 to 3 tblsp water.
6. Wash the spinach and pak choi leaves and spin dry, then distribute them among four serving plates.
7. Place the fish on the leaves. Spoon on the mango dressing and finish with the reserved slices on mango and the tomato halves.
8. Serve with the fingers of crisp french bread.