Mixed Vegetables – 350 gms (beans, peas, potatoes, cauliflower, carrots, cabbage and mushrooms)
Vegetable Oil – 2 tblsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp, freshly roasted
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Onion Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Ground Turmeric – 1 tsp
Garlic – 2 cloves, crushed
Curry Leaves – 6 to 8
Dried Red Chilli – 1
Sugar – 1 tsp, granulated
Plain Yogurt – 2/3 cup
Cornflour – 1 tsp
1. Prepare all the vegetables you have chosen. Cut or chop as required.
2. Heat a large pan with enough water to cook all the vegetables and bring to the boil.
3. First add the potatoes and carrots and cook until nearly tender then add all the other vegetables and cook until crisp-tender. All the vegetables should be crunchy except potatoes. Drain.
4. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the cumin, mustard and onion seeds, the turmeric, garlic, curry leaves and dried chilli gently until the garlic is golden brown and the chilli nearly burnt. Reduce the heat.
5. Add the drained vegetables, sugar and salt and gradually add the yogurt and cornflour mixture. Heat until piping hot and serve immediately.
Spiced Vegetable Curry with Yogurt