Long Chinese Eggplants – 2, cubed
Soy sauce = 1 1/2 tblsp
Red wine vinegar – 1 tblsp
White sugar – 1 tblsp
Green chilli pepper – 1, chopped
Cornstarch – 1 tsp
Chilli oil – 1/2 tsp
Salt – 2 tsp
Vegetable oil – 2 tblsp
1. Place the eggplant cubes in a large bowl and sprinkle with salt. Fill with enough water to cover and let it stand for 30 minutes.
2. Rinse well and drain on paper towels.
3. In a small bowl, stir together the soy sauce, red wine vinegar, sugar, chilli pepper, cornstarch and chilli oil.
4. Set the sauce aside.
5. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
6. Fry the eggplant until it is tender and it begins to brown for 5-10 minutes.
7. Pour in the sauce and cook and stir until the sauce is thick and the eggplant is evenly coated.
8. Serve hot immediately.