1 medium raw Jackfruit
1 Coconut, grated
1 medium Onion, finely sliced
1 small Onion, finely sliced
6 Green Chillies
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
a few Curry leaves
1 tsp Cumin seeds
1 tsp Mustard seeds
Salt to taste
1. Set 1/4 grated coconut aside.
2. Extract thin and thick milk from remaining coconut.
3. Peel the jackfruit. Grease your hands and separate the fruit.
4. Remove seeds and cut jackfruit into pieces.
5. Grind grated coconut, medium onion, chillies and cumin seeds to a paste.
6. Put the jackfruit in a pan along with turmeric, salt and thin coconut milk.
7. When the vegetable is almost done, add the ground paste and curry leaves.
8. Continue cooking till the vegetable is done.
9. Now mix thick coconut milk into it.
10. Heat to simmering and remove the curry form fire.
11. Heat 1 tblsp of oil and put in mustard seeds.
12. When they stop spluttering, add sliced onions and fry to a light golden colour.
13. Add the fried onions to the curry and serve hot.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !