250 gms Lotus Stems, cleaned, sliced and boiled
1 small Onion, minced
handful of Coriander leaves
2 Green Chillies, minced
3 tblsp Gramflour or Besan
a few Mint leaves
1/2 tsp Ground Cumin seeds
Salt and Chilli powder to taste
1. Grind lotus stems to a smooth paste.
2. Mix in all the kofta ingredients and form into small balls.
3. Deep fry to a golden colour.
4. Grind onion and garlic to a paste.
5. Heat 3 tblsp ghee and fry the paste to a golden colour.
6. Add to the golden paste, spices and tomatoes and cook till the ghee oozes out.
7. Then add 2 cups of water.
8. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat and put in the koftas.
9. Boil over a slow fire for 5 minutes.
10. Mix in cream and garnish with coriander leaves.
11. Serve hot.