450 gms Snake gourd
225 gms Potatoes
50 gms Onions
10 gms Green chillies
20 gms Gramflour
a small piece of Ginger
a pinch of Mustard seeds
a pinch of Turmeric powder
600 ml Water
30 gms Oil
Salt to taste
1. Wash and cut each snake gourd into half. Steam the snake gourd until half cooked.
2. Cut into 2 inch pieces and remove the seeds. Apply salt and set aside.
3. Boil potatoes, peel and dice.
4. Finely chop onions, green chillies and ginger.
5. Heat a little oil, add mustard seeds. When they crackle, add chillies, onion, ginger, turmeric powder, potatoes and salt. Mix well.
6. Add lime juice to the potato mixture and blend well. Remove from the fire.
7. Stuff the snake gourd with the potato mixture.
8. Prepare a batter with gramflour, salt and water.
9. Dip the stuffed gourd in the batter and deep fry in hot oil.
10. Serve hot with tamarind chutney or ketchup.