Paneer Golkonda is a royal dish from the kingdom of Golconda, located in Hyderabad.
Soft and tender paneer cubes are marinated in mixture of curd, cream, spices and cooked in a tandoor (or a clay oven).
Once cooked they are served with mint chutney as an appetizer snack. They are also a perfect snack for any parties, special occasions or even as an evening snack.
Paneer Golkonda Recipe
Ingredients for Paneer Golkonda
- 500 g Paneer Cubes
- 1 tsp Green Chilli Paste
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1/2 cup Hung Curd
- big handful Coriander Leaves
- as per taste Salt as per taste
- Cream for garnishing
- as required Butter for brushing on top
- Wooden Skewers soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 1/4 cup Capsicum cut into rounds
- 1/4 cup Onion cut into rounds
- 1/4 cup Tomato cut into rounds
How to make Paneer Golkonda
- Combine the green chilli paste, ginger garlic paste, lemon juice, garam masala powder, coriander leaves and salt in a bowl.
- Add the hung curd and mix until all spices are thoroughly mixed.
- Add the paneer cubes and mix carefully without breaking the paneer.
- Ensure the paneer pieces are coated with the marinade.
- Keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Put the marinated paneer pieces on skewers. If using, place a capcisum or onion or tomato in-between each paneer cube.
- Cook in a clay oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Once the paneer are cooked, remove and transfer to a serving plate.
- Brush with butter.
- Serve with fresh cream and mint chutney.