Inji Murappa (or Injimarappa or Ginger Candy) is a traditional and very popular South Indian sweet medicine given for indigestion and as an energy booster during long distance travel.
Ginger – 125 gms
Jaggery – 200 gms
Wheat Flour – 1/2 cup
Ghee – 1 tsp
1. Clean and wash the ginger.
2. Grind this to a smooth paste in a mixie.
3. Add enough water to wheat flour and mix well.
4. Add enough water to jaggery and mix well until all jaggery has dissolved. Strain to remove any impurities.
5. Heat the jaggery until it reaches a thick consistency.
6. Add the ground ginger paste and mix well.
7. Add the wheat flour paste and mix again.
8. When it has a thick consistency, add ghee and gently mix.
9. Remove and pour it into a plate.
10. ALlow it to cool.
11. Cut it into small squares or rectangles.
12. Store it in an airtight container. This stays good for a year.
13. Use as required.