Almonds – 250 gms
Sugar – 3/4 cup
Saffron – little
Kesar yellow food colour – little
Almond essence – few drops
Silver warq – for decoration
1. Soak almonds in very hot water for 10 minutes.
2. Drain water and remove outer skin.
3. Wipe it with a towel to remove excess moisture.
4. Dry roast it in a hot pan with little ghee in reduced flame without discolouring it.
5. Powder it evenly in a mixie.
6. Keep it in a large bowl with crushed saffron dissolved in warm milk, kesar colour along with few drops of almond essence.
7. Prepare sugar syrup of one string consistency.
8. Pour it slowly into the badam powder, mixing well to form a thick dough.
9. Roll it out on a greased plastic sheet. Decorate it with silver warq and cut into diamond shapes when it is warm.