A delicious and simple to make payasam (kheer) with varagu (kodo millet) and moong dal.
Varaguarisi (Kodo Millet) – 1/2 cup
Moong Dal – 1/2 cup
Jaggery – 2 cups, powdered
Coconut Milk – 1/2 cup
Sukku Podi – 2 tsp
Elam – 2 tsp
Ghee – 2 tblsp
Cashew Nuts – few
Raisins – few
1. Combine the varagu and moong dal.
2. Pour 4 cups of water and pressure cook for 1 or 2 whistles or until cooked.
3. Add enough water to jaggery and stir until fully dissolved.
4. Strain this mixture.
5. Add this to the cooked varagu-dal mixture.
6. Stir well.
7. Fry the cashew nuts and raisins in little ghee.
8. Add elam, sukku podi and stir well.
9. Add this to the varagu and dal mixture.
10. Add the coconut milk and mix well.
11. Remove and serve.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !