Start this Pongal festival in a healthy way with this delicious and healthy breakfast dish. Happy Pongal!
- Kambu (Bajra) – 1 cup
- Moong Dal – 1/4 cup
- Jaggery – 1 1/2 cups
- Ghee – 1/4 cup
- Cashewnuts – handful
- Raisins – handful
- Cardamoms – few
- Water – 6 cups
- Dry roast the bajra until aromatic and remove.
- To the same pan, add the moong dal and fry for a minute.
- Pour the water and simmer until the dal is 3/4th cooked.
- Add the reserved kambu (bajra).
- Stir continuously until it starts to thicken.
- Add jaggery and mix well.
- When it starts to leave the sides of the pan, reduce flame to low.
- Fry the cashewnuts and raisins in ghee.
- Add to the pongal and stir.
- Cook for another 3 to 5 minutes or until it has a pongal consistency.
- Sprinkle some cardamom powder and remove from flame.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !