Kambu (Bajra) – 1 cup
Moong Dal – 1/4 cup
Jaggery – 1 1/2 cups
Ghee – 1/4 cup
Cashewnuts – handful
Raisins – handful
Cardamoms – few
Water – 6 cups
1. Dry roast the bajra until aromatic and remove.
2. To the same pan, add the moong dal and fry for a minute.
3. Pour the water and simmer until the dal is 3/4th cooked.
4. Add the reserved kambu(bajra).
5. Stir continuously until it starts to thicken.
6. Add jaggery and mix well.
7. When it starts to leave the sides of the pan, reduce flame to low.
8. Fry the cashewnuts and raisins in ghee.
9. Add to the pongal and stir.
10. Cook for another 3 to 5 minutes or until it has a pongal consistency.
11. Sprinkle some cardamom powder and remove from flame.