Chinese Five Spice Powder is an intoxicating blend of five spices common to Chinese cuisine. The powder adds an exotic flavour to the dishes and is bound to scintillate your taste buds.
Chinese Five Spice Powder Recipe
Ingredients for Chinese Five Spice Powder
- 2 inch Cinnamon Sticks broken
- 2 tblsp Whole Star Anise
- 3 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp Whole Cloves
- 1/2 tsp Szechuan Peppercorns
How to make Chinese Five Spice Powder
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium flame.
- Dry roast all the ingredients for 2 minutes or until dark and fragrant.
- Remove and cool.
- Then grind them to a fine powder.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Use as required.