This easy to make and delicious Veg Paneer Roll makes for a perfect lunch, evening snack or a light dinner. Made with grated paneer and vegetables cooked in spices and then wrapped in a chapati (or a tortilla), they are a popular street food item these days.
Chapati (or Tortilla) – 3 to 4
Paneer – 3 tblsp, grated
Carrot – 2 tblsp, finely chopped or sliced
Capsicum – 1, small, chopped
Cucumber – 2 tblsp, chopped (optional)
Onion – 1, small, chopped
Green Chilli – 1, small, finely chopped
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Tomato – 1, small, finely chopped
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Saunf – a pinch
Curry Powder – 1/4 tsp
Coriander Leaves – handful, chopped
Salt as per taste
Oil – 2 tsp
1. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
2. Fry the saunf and cumin seeds for 30 seconds.
3. Add the onions and green chillies.
4. Saute for a minute or until onions turn light golden.
5. Add the ginger garlic paste and stir well for 30 to 40 seconds.
6. Add the capsicums, carrots and saute for another minute.
7. Add the tomatoes and cook for one more minute.
8. Add red chilli powder, curry powder and salt.
9. Stir well.
10. Add the grated paneer, cucumber and garam masala powder.
11. Cook for a minute or two on low-medium flame.
12. Garnish with coriander leaves and switch off the flame.
13. Heat a tawa over medium flame.
14. Warm the chapatis (or tortillas).
15. Add some of the paneer vegetable mixture.
16. Roll the chapati tightly.
17. Serve at once.